Dear Stakeholders – I hope this email finds you well. Today, the White House Office of Public Engagement in partnership with members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus will host three panels, featuring artists like Residente and Emilio Estefan, and highlighting the Latino contributions across the diverse media ecosystem and how the Latino narrative is shaped through cultural representation across this sector. More information on how to tune in below.
In case you missed it, the First Lady just concluded a two day trip through Kansas City, Kansas, Chicago, Illinois, and Allentown, Pennsylvania, to highlight how the American Rescue Plan has impacted Latino communities across the country, and to meet Latino community members and leaders making in a difference in their local communities. More to come in a near future newsletter.
The Bipartisan Infrastructure Package, Build Back Better agenda and a pathway to citizenship continue to be priorities for the administration. Let us know how you’re talking about these legislative priorities in your community.
TODAY Starting at 1:00PM ET – The White House Office of Public Engagement in partnership with members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus will host a series of discussions to highlight Latino contributions across the diverse media ecosystem and how the Latino narrative is shaped through cultural representation across this sector. This first in a series will feature media executives, talent and other representatives from the media industry, and is part of an ongoing effort from the Office of Public Engagement to explore equity in representation across various sectors. The panels will be livestreamed on Casa Blanca platforms: https://www.facebook.com/LaCasaBlanca.
1:00PM ET – Representation in Film and Television – Moderated by Congressman Joaquin Castro, featuring:
- Cris Abrego, Chairman of Banijay Americas and Chairman of the Television Academy Foundation
- Tanya Saracho, Creator/Showrunner
- Felix Sanchez, Chairman National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts
- Steven Canals, Screenwriter/Producer
1:45PM ET – Representation in Music – Moderated by Cedric Richmond, Senior Advisor to the President, featuring:
- Manuel Abud, CEO Latin Recording Academy
- Jackie Beato, Executive Vice President of Operations LiveNation
- Residente (René Pérez Joglar), Writer, producer, Rapper
- Emilio Estefan, Musician, producer
2:20PM ET – Representation in the Entertainment Industry – Moderated by Congresswoman Linda Sanchez, featuring:
- Dr. Ana Christina Ramon, Director of Research and Civic Engagement at UCLA Division of Social Science
- John Gibson, Vice President of External and Multicultural Affairs, Motion Picture Association
- Pete Corona, Director of Original Series, Netflix