There’s still time to apply for Loudoun County’s $150,000 business pitch competition via the third annual Loudoun Innovation Challenge: www.LoudounInnovationChallenge.com
· If you’ve already submitted your application…THANK YOU!
· If you applied last year but weren’t selected, there are NEW categories that may fit your project.
· Maybe you know of another for-profit business that is innovating within your network or industry (near or far) that you’d like to share the opportunity with. (Please share this opportunity with them!)
Winners for this year’s challenge will be selected from the following categories:
- Innovation Challenge Grand Prize Winner ($40,000): the business with the top overall scores, regardless of industry.
- Agri-Tech Innovation ($25,000): businesses developing technology that improves yield, efficiency or profitability for agriculture, horticulture or aquaculture businesses and growers.
- Information and Communications Technology Innovation ($25,000): businesses providing technology that allows people and organizations to better interact with the digital world.
- Clean Energy Innovation ($25,000): businesses developing renewable, less environmentally invasive forms of power, including solar, wind, water, geothermal, bioenergy, natural gas and nuclear.
- Highly Specialized Manufacturing Innovation ($25,000): businesses improving quality control, shop floor management, inventory management and worker training processes and designs, which increase quality or productivity.
- People’s Choice Award ($10,000): the business that receives the most votes from the public, including attendees at the live pitch event and social media.
Following a new format this year, the 12 selected finalists will make their presentations for funding at a live, in-person pitch event on September 24, 2022. Winners will be announced at Segra Field during the Loudoun United FC vs. Detroit City matchup on October 1, 2022.
If you’ve started an application, you will be able to save your progress and sign back in at any time before the application window closes on July 28, 2022 at 12 p.m. (noon).
Additional details as well as the application can be found here: www.LoudounInnovationChallenge.com